Who we are:
Studio 08 is an independent, professional door, hardware, and access-control security consulting firm. We provide a full line of specification and consulting services on new and existing building construction to our architect, engineer, and owner clients. We specialize in large and complex projects covering all disciplines including sports stadiums and arenas, convention centers, civic, cultural, and performing arts buildings, health care, education, laboratories, federal, military, aviation, detention, hospitality, office, mixed use, and worship facilities.
Studio 08 Consultants is seeking a fulltime Hardware Consultant/Specification Writer (https://studio08consultants.com/ ). This position is responsible for developing door opening and security solutions including architectural Division 08 specifications to support our clients (architects, engineers, and building owners).
- Create, engineer, and produce door and hardware project specifications for commercial building applications.
- Recommend door and hardware solutions to meet the design requirements for security, aesthetics, sustainability, and accessibility.
- Participate in pre- and post-project coordination meetings as required by the client.
- Respond to requests for information and assistance with resolving conflicts with door and hardware solutions, access control, electrical requirements, and specialty doors applications.
- Complete project submittal reviews and substitution approvals to ensure specification integrity in the pre and post bid phases.
- Exhibit a basic understanding of electro-mechanical products and solutions including access control and software.
- Develop and nurture relationships with client project managers and architects.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree (or commiserate job experience in the door hardware industry, installation, or manufacturing). Preferred degree focus includes construction science/management, architectural engineering/design/drafting, technical field or business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn industry specific software.
- Credentialed specification writer familiar with the relevant sections of CSI’s Master Format Divisions 8, 10, and 28.
- 5 or more years’ experience in the commercial door and hardware industry.
- History of working directly with architects, engineers, and building owners.
- Intermediate knowledge of BlueBeam Revu PDF software
- Understanding of Revit design technology and building information modeling.
- Self-motivated and organized individual with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical and electronic hardware aptitude.
Studio 08 benefits include:
- Office/hybrid position (depending on location) with flexible work hours.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Simple IRA with company match
- Summer work hours
Studio 08 Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age, or disability.
Notice to External Search Firms: Studio 08 Consultants does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes.